Obtaining Property Deeds, Estates, Grants of Probate and Assents

Updated: Aug 3


If you need copies of your deeds from HM Land Registry please see the government weblink below.


These are available to the public (for a minimal fee) and anyone can pay for and order copies.

Property Deeds are now commonly referred to as office copies of registered title. They are a précis of the historic bundle of Deeds.



Where dealing with a family estate, or a loved one’s passing, you may need to obtain a Grant of Probate from the Probate Registry. See their weblink https://www.gov.uk/applying-for-probate/apply-for-probate


The Probate Registry is a Government agency.

You will need to supply evidence that you are entitled to the Grant and to deal with the estate.


The beneficiaries of a Will can seek to Assent the property into their names and register this at Land Registry. Please see:


You will need the Will and various documents in support of the same.

5 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All