Swearing a Statutory Declaration, Affidavit or Oath

Updated: Aug 29

An Oath is often sworn in legal documents such as Affidavits, Statutory Declarations, Council documents (such as transfer of burial rights) or Insolvency Forms.

These must be sworn on oath in front of a solicitor.

A Statutory Declaration, in conveyancing, is a document drafted where there is a title defect and this is used to rectify the same.

By swearing the document you are confirming that the contents of the same are true and correct.

You will need to take this to an independent solicitor, who did not draft the document, and there is a standard fee payable for them to swear this for you.

The document can then be relied upon legally.

You will need to be present and must take relevant ID.

If you are based in South Wales and need help with an Oath, Affidavit, Statutory Declaration, or similar, then get in touch now



07944 377029

Read more about Statutory Declarations here…


119 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All